You will love this recipe! The dressing is light and has such a wonderful summery flavor. Of course I changed it up a bit…I will add my notes to the end of each section.
For the chicken:
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Juice of ½ lime (reserve other half for dressing)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Salad:
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup corn, rinsed
- ¼ cup cilantro for topping
Creamy Cilantro Dressing:
- ½ cup sour-cream (or Greek yogurt)
- ¼ cup packed cilantro with stems
- juice of ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium Ziploc bag, place the chicken breasts, taco seasoning, cumin, salt, lime juice and olive oil. Shake until fully combine and chicken is coated. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes or up to 2 days in advance. *I used frozen, already grilled chicken breast strips. I thawed them in the marinade.
- To cook chicken: heat a heavy skillet to medium/high heat (Be sure the skillet is very hot before adding chicken). Add 1 teaspoon oil of choice to skillet. Place the chicken on skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Allow to rest in pan for at least 5 minutes before cutting. *I just heated the strips in a lightly greased pan.
- To make the dressing: Place the sour cream (or greek yogurt), cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a blender or food processor. Pulse for a few seconds or just until the cilantro is fully chopped. *I used sour cream. Also, note that it will process better with fewer cilantro stems.
- To Assemble: Place the chopped romaine lettuce on the bottom of a salad plate. Top with avocado, chopped tomatoes, black beans, corn, cilantro, and sliced chicken. Top with cold creamy cilantro dressing just before serving. Enjoy!
From Gimme Delicious Blog, March 7, 2016